Section 320.01, Florida Statutes, defines recreational vehicles as units primarily designed as temporary living quarters for recreational, camping or travel use having either contained motive power or mounted on or drawn by another vehicle. A certificate of title is not required for slide-in campers, modular homes, add-a-rooms, port-a-rooms or utility trailers under 2,000 pounds. However, trailers weighing 2,000 pounds or more must be titled.
The basic entitles are:
- Travel Trailer – A vehicular portable unit including fifth wheel travel trailers mounted on wheels of such size or weight as not to require special highway movement permits when drawn by a motorized vehicle; primarily designed and constructed to provide temporary living quarters for recreational camping or travel use; and of a body length of no more than 40 feet and a body width of no more than 8 1/2 feet when factory equipped for the road.
- Camping Trailer – A vehicular portable unit mounted on wheels and constructed with a collapsible partial side walls which fold for towing by another vehicle and unfold at the camp site to provide temporary living quarters for recreational, camping or travel use.
- Truck Camper – A portable unit designed to be affixed to a truck chassis and constructed to provide temporary living quarters for recreational, travel or camping use.
- Motor Home – A vehicular unit built on a self-propelled motor vehicle chassis, primarily designed to provide temporary living quarters for recreational, camping or travel use.
- Van Conversion – A vehicular unit built on a self-propelled motor vehicle chassis which has been converted from a commercial vehicle to a recreational vehicle by installing certain utilities.
- Park Trailer – A transportable unit which has a body width which does not exceed 12 feet and which is built on a single chassis and is designed to provide seasonal or temporary living quarters.
- Mobile Home – Section 320.01(2), Florida statutes, provides a definition for "mobile home." A mobile home is defined as any type of trailer or vehicle body, regardless of any appurtenances additions or other modifications thereto, without independent motive power, manufactured upon an integral chassis or undercarriage and designed either for travel over the highways or for housing accommodations, or both.
For more information, please contact the St. Johns County Tax Collector Office at (904) 209-2250 or email@example.com.
Our Vision To Be the Beacon of Trust that Provides the Highest Quality Public Services
Our Mission Delivering Tax Collector Services Through Innovation, Integrity & Expertise
Privacy & Cookies Policy | Disclaimer | Site Map