Freshwater Fishing License
Please Note: All anglers are required to carry a valid freshwater fishing license while taking or attempting to take freshwater fish. The license is good for 12 months from the specified beginning date. (License cannot be renewed/issued more than 60 days in advance.)
- Residents 65 years of age or older with proof of age or residency.
- Residents certified as totally and permanently disabled. Application must be submitted to Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission and can be applied for at www.gooutdoorsflorida.com.
- Residents accepted as a client for developmental disabilities services with proof.
- Children under 16 years of age.
- Those possessing a Resident Freshwater Commercial Fishing License.
- Any resident who is a member of the U.S. Armed Forces and is not stationed in Florida, home on leave for 30 days or less, upon submission of orders.
- Any resident cane pole fishing in the county of their residence. (Excludes Fish Management areas.)
- Anyone fishing in a private pond less than 20 acres with no surface water connection to public waters.
Getting your License
You can purchase fishing and hunting licenses through St. Johns County Tax Collectors offices or online at www.gooutdoorsflorida.com.
Vision & Mission
To Be the Beacon of Trust that Provides the Highest Quality Public Services
Delivering Tax Collector Services Through Innovation, Integrity & Expertise